Well, it’s that time of year again…The day when I, officially, become a year older.
Getting older isn’t so bad I guess; it’s a privelege denied to many. So what lessons can I draw on from the last 24 years of my life, to impart?
Well, here we go…
1. If you don’t really want to go out clubbing with everyone else, then don’t. It doesn’t make you ‘not fun’, it just means that you know your own mind. You know what you like and what you don’t like. Be true to yourself.
2. You don’t have to be best friends with everyone. Be kind and friendly to all you meet, and remember, you always have people by your side on those days when you feel lonely.
3. You can have either boobs or flat abs. There is no in between.
4. If you want to grow your hair long, you have to have regular hair cuts. No ifs or buts, or skipping out on the hairdressers.
5. Leather trousers never lie.
6. Love shouldn’t be hard.
7. Relationships involve compromise at times, but it should never mean compromising your happiness.
9. Cheese makes everything taste better.
10. Dogs are the best!
11. Money is important, but it is worth nothing if you’re unhappy.
12. So long as you don’t take it too seriously, dating can be fun!
13. It doesn’t matter how old you get, you will always cut your legs whilst shaving.
14. Mint and chocolate together are an abomination.
15. It will never be the right time. Sometimes you have to grab the bull by the horns and just do it. Book the trip you’ve been wanting to take, say the words you’ve been afraid to say; life is too short to wait for things to come to you.
17. It takes more energy to be negative than positive.
18. Be kind to everyone; you don’t know what they may be going through. Everyone has their troubles.
19. Our world is amazing, so take care of it. Enjoy it as much as you can, while you can.
20. Nobody’s pain is greater than anyone else’s. It’s all relative. You are not the one to decide if someone is in enough pain or not.
22. Eating healthily and exercising regularly make all the difference to your day to day life. In a good way!
23. Sleep is so important. Never feel bad about the lazy days spent in bed.
24. You thought that by 24 years old, you would have your life together and it would be the best year of your life. Maybe it still will be, but one thing to remember in all the future years is that YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR LIFE TOGETHER. Life happens whatever, and it is marvellous whatever. Every day is a journey and a chance to be a new you. So be the best version of you that you possibly can be, and don’t put limits on your achievements.
Happy Birthday to me! 🙂